US Citizenship Required – Public Trust or Secret Clearance Tier III
• Advises key stakeholders of security posture and risks associated with the system
• Reviews configurations changes for the system and the impact of changes
• Creates, manages and facilitates NIST based security documentation and controls
• Identifies, manages and facilitates remediation of security weaknesses
Job Responsibilities/ Duties:
• Develop, consult, implement controls and documentation for the security of the system. This includes: outlining system operating environment, overall mission, physical diagrams, hardware and software inventories, configuration management, type of data processed, user organizations, security classifications, operating modes, interconnections to other systems/networks, security personnel, and other associated responsibilities.
• Oversee, develop, improve and maintain the overall security posture of the system; that includes: Information System Security Plans, Risk Ratings, Contingency Plans, Security Assessments, and Contingency Plan Tests and other associated documentation.
• Participate in the development or revision of security controls of the system and local operating procedures that are based upon regulatory, policy and industry requirements.
• Act as a consultant to system owners for the security of the system and system documentation. For example, security incident reports, equipment/software inventories, operating instructions, technical vulnerability reports, and contingency plans
• Provide expertise in classified and unclassified ratings to customers.
• Work closely with technical teams for successful Certification & Accreditation of the system that leads to ATO
• Attend ISSO training courses and sessions as required
• Perform interpretations of monthly vulnerability scan results of assigned systems
Senior Level IT Security Certifications (CCDP, CCNP Security, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
Education/Equivalent Training Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience will be evaluated
Unique/Additional /Experience (Position Specifics):
Expert knowledge of FISMA and NIST Special Publications
Experience implementing, assessing and managing security controls for federal IT systems
Expert knowledge of IT security best practices
Expert knowledge of current IT security threats
Broad knowledge of IT technologies and operations
Ability to develop good working relationships with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous systems, projects and other assignments.
Experience leading information security teams
Knowledge of HIPAA, FedRAMP, PCI, ISO and other standards
Location(s): District of Columbia (Metro Area),
Department: IT Security
Keywords: Certification and Accreditation, C&A, A&A, SA&A, FISMA, compliance, information assurance, ISSO, AISO, ISO, IASO and ISSM
Comments: US Citizen, US Government Suitability Determination and DoE Q Security Clearance is a Plus