Software Engineer I (5329625)
Location: AZ802 1151 East Hermans Road Building 802 Tucson AZ United States
8:00am to 5:00pm
Security Clearance Required Secret
Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
The Engineering Product Support Directorate (EPSD) SWCM department is to looking for an individual with Rational Team Concert (RTC) experience. The individual would provide SWCM support to multiple programs. They would also provide support to our organization by analyzing our current Automation suite and providing solutions for similar functionality in RTC.
The Software Configuration Management (SWCM) department follows the basic principles of Configuration Management. SWCM establishes and maintains the integrity of the products for the program through the entire life-cycle of computing products. The EPSD SW Configuration Management Department provides innovative solutions through automation, continuous improvement and a skilled workforce to provide support for all computing products including embedded software, configurable logic, test equipment, simulations, COTS and tools.
The Software Configuration Management Engineer plans, coordinates, and executes Configuration Management (CM) activities, including:
• Manage the change request process for software work products (CRs, CNs)
• Prepare for and support SCCB, PCB, and Scrum meetings
• Control, maintain, and store software work products, including COTS
• Build, baseline, and release software using established SWCM procedures
• Identify and follow configuration standards to ensure integrity of products and artifacts
• Create, distribute, maintain, safeguard, and destroy media, both classified and unclassified
• Administer, customize, and maintain tools
• Create, generate, and report metrics
• Represent the organization as a prime technical contact who will interact with senior engineers
• Successfully complete special projects, either through his or her own efforts, or through the efforts of others
The successful applicant will work as a self-starter. He or she will interact effectively with program personnel through written and verbal communication. Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and SEI CMMI standards is highly desirable.
Additional Job Details:
Required Skills: • Strong proficiency with IBM Rational Synergy Administration and Configuration Management • Experienced in Agile methodologies • Strong proficiency in Windows, DOS, Linux, and Unix Operating System Environments • Knowledge of scripting languages • Excellent communication skills • Able to lead and influence others through the SWCM process • Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines Desired Skills: • Proficiency with IBM Rational Team Concert Administration and Configuration Management • Certified Scrum Master • Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service • Software development background • Familiarity and understanding of embedded, test, and simulation software • Understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Jenkins Required Education (including Major): • BS in technical discipline, such as Engineering, Computer Science
Thanks & Regards