REMOTE – Network Security Architect
Norwin Technologies has been providing Information Technology solutions, enterprise staffing and professional services for organizations in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune 100 for over 15 years. Our customers include banks and financial services firms, manufacturers, retail chains, healthcare organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies
Network Security Architect
Location: REMOTE (Able to travel ~5-10% of the time, within the U.S.)
Duration: 12 Month Contract to hire
* Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
* Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
* Leads development of the architecture strategy and technology direction over technical domains by collaborating with executives to translate business and IT objectives into architectural approach.
* Provides expertise and shares an understanding of current capability gaps, architectural gaps, and market and industry trends that can be used to set future direction.
* Leads the definition and communication of architecture standards, guidelines, and statements of direction by providing expertise and guidance to architects on the design and establishment of architecture standards to ensure alignment with IT strategy and target architecture.
* Reviews, contributes to, and approves architecture standards or controls which allow business needs to be met.
* Develops and establishes architectural best practices that guide the design of technology solutions.
* Develops and maintains the architecture for assigned domain(s) (for example, data, infrastructure, endpoint), and takes accountability for ensuring alignment with IT strategy and target state architecture.
* Provides the vision for strategic roadmaps to align business, applications, data, integration, and/or infrastructure architecture.
* Manages the development of transition plans for moving from the current to the target state architecture.
* Provides consulting to architects on developing architecture designs.
* Helps create the vision for adopting new high-impact technologies by researching technical trends and developments.
* Partners with IT and business senior leadership to facilitate and influence decisions regarding technology investment.
* Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how enterprise architecture works within the organization.
* Takes accountability for ensuring adoption of architecture best practices for assigned domain(s) and educates others throughout the organization on the function of architecture methodologies, governance, and standards by serving as a subject matter expert across business and/or IT teams, and presenting to internal and external audiences, including senior leadership.
* Builds partnerships with architects and other stakeholders to facilitate the continuous development and drive consensus on changes to the company’s architecture practices.
* Takes accountability for ensuring appropriate reporting to executives, business leaders, and IT management to communicate the impact of architecture practices.
* This position requires an individual with strong teamwork skills, a motivated self-starter, and an assertive collaborator with the ability to develop detailed network security documentation, and communicate technical information to team members, clients, and business partners.
* The successful candidate will also be able to work independently and effectively multitask assignments and deliverables.
* Minimum four (4) years in an informal leadership role working with project or technical teams.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Business, or related technical field and
* Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in IT, including minimum four (4) years in information security, network engineering, or IT architecture. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
* Security certification (Security+, CISSP, CISA).
* Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
* Three (3) years’ experience working on cross-functional project teams
* Four (4) years’ work experience requiring the development of technical documents or presentations.
* Four (4) years’ experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
* Six (6) years’ experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems, cloud, or SaaS-based solutions.
* Six (6) years’ experience establishing and documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices.
* Minimum four (4) years’ experience translating use cases and business requirements into technical architecture requirements.
* Minimum four (4) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
* Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Social Science, Mathematics, or related field.
* Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal.
* Must be able to speak clearly and effectively with customers and leadership
* Positive attitude with a strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
* Experience working in a very large corporate environment
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Solid network problem solving skills
* Exhibits a strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
* Demonstrate initiative, sound judgement with a “can do” proactive attitude
* Able to travel ~5-10% of the time, within the U.S.
978 707 4396
Points of Contact